As a family of 6 one thing we love about camping is that we can cook our own meals and save money by not eating out while we are away from home. Whether we are cooking over the fire or over the grill, these are our favorite campfire recipes.
Best Campfire Recipes
We love cooking over the campfire or on our little smokey joe grill we bring along. Here are over 30 of our favorite campfire recipes that you MUST try! Make sure you pin this post and keep coming back!
- Best Beef Kabob Marinade – Must Have Mom
- Blueberry Cornbread Muffins (Solar Cooking) – Brooklyn Farm Girl
- The Best Skillet Barbecue and Bacon Baked Beans – Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Quick Smoky White Cheddar Camping Mac and Cheese – Project Meal Plan
- BBQ Chicken and Veggie Packets – Thrifty Jinxy
- Campfire Dutch Oven Turkey & Cornbread – Must Have Mom
- Grilled Peach Crisp – As For Me and My Homestead
- How to Make Foil Stew – The Good Hearted Woman
- Potatoes on the Grill – Cincy Shopper
- Fancy Camping Frito Pie – The Search for Imperfection
- Campfire Donuts – Must Have Mom
- Cheddar BBQ Chicken Foil Packet – Home. Made. Interest.
- Perogy Potato Salad – Food Meanderings
- Omelets in a Bag – Atlanta’s Frugal Mom
- Grilled Banana Split Kebabs – My Life Cookbook
- Sausage Pierogie Campfire Foil Packets – Midlife Healthy Living
- One Skillet Breakfast Hash – Must Have Mom
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – Occasionally Eggs
- Low Carb Chicken Fajita on Skewers for BBQ – Low Carb Yum
- Pineapple Upside Down Bonfire Cake – The Starving Chef
- Foil Packet Fajitas – The Shirley Journey
- 5-Ingredient Mediterranean Salmon in Foil Packets – The Seasoned Mom
- Grilled Pineapple, Pork & Sausage Kabobs – Must Have Mom
- Easy Baked Camping Apples – The Cookie Writer
- Campfire Cinnamon Roll-ups – Almost Supermom
- Paella on the Grill – Must Have Mom
- Make-Ahead Campfire Pizza Subs – Smores and Sundresses
- Grilled French Toast Skewers – Merry About Town
- Grilled Buffalo Wings – Must Have Mom
- Foil Packet Meal | Easy Cheesesteak Recipe – The Classy Chapter
- Blueberry Dump Cake – Menu of Musings
- BBQ Breakfast Scrambler – My Organized Chaos
- Campfire or Dutch Oven Hungarian Goulash – Family Food and Travel
- Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Must Have Mom
Our Favorite Campfire Cooking Equipment
We love cooking over the campfire, on our smokey joe grill and we also use the oven in our RV. Here are some of our very favorite campfire cooking products that make it easier to cook meals outdoors while camping. We’ve tested out many products and these are the ones we keep reaching for over and over again.
Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable GrillMalloMe Marshmallow Roasting Sticks Extending Roaster Set of 8 Telescoping Smores Skewers & Hot Dog Forks 32 Inch Fire Pit Camping Cookware Campfire Cooking Kids | FREE Bag, 10 Sticks & EbookPre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12.5 inch) by Utopia KitchenLodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles, Pre-Seasoned, 5-QuartLodge LPGI3 Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 20-inch x 10.44-inch, BlackBlisstime Cast Iron Cleaner 15×15 Centimeter Premium Stainless Steel Chainmail ScrubberPack of 2 Cast Iron Pie Cooker Campfire Sandwich MakerBest BBQ Grill Brush ( HIGHEST QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL ) 18For Pro Foil Sheets 900s 9 Inch X 10.75 Inch, 500 CountCuisinart CGS-134BL Grilling Tool Set with Grill Glove, Black (3-Piece)Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt – 1 Pair – Oven Mitts with Quilted Liner – Red – HomweBIC Multi-purpose Classic Edition Lighter & Flex Wand Lighter, 2-PackStansport 15997 Cast Iron Camp Fire TripodFarberware BBQ Bamboo Skewers, 75 Count, 12-Inch, Natural
Pin Best Campfire Recipes
Great recipes, thanks for posting.
Perfect for our camping this weekend! I’m going to keep note of these recipes. Thanks for posting!
Perfect! We’re going to go camping this weekend. I’m thinking of trying these recipes. Thanks for sharing!
I so enjoy your site and your recipes. Would you please consider adding a print option so we can enjoy your recipes a little more easily. Thank you.
“This was great! Really enjoyed it – thanks for sharing. I do agree with another commenter who said it was a bit sweet – I will definitely reduce the sugar next time (I used regular granulated sugar).
Can’t wait for leftovers tomorrow! :)”